Thursday, March 5, 2009

What A Week!!

Wow, this week has flown by! I know it is only Thursday, but still, it is going by fast! This is probably because we have been so busy! So here is Our Week In Review!

Sunday...Zayne crawled on all 4's!!! YAY!!! This has been something we have been working on for A LONG TIME!!!! All of his Therapist will be extremely excited for him and his progress!

Monday...All started out well, but then...About 1:30 Toby called me and said the school had called him about Zachary. He had taken his nap as usual, and when he woke up he was crying, complaining that his ear hurt. Toby picked him up from school, and decided that he needed to go to the Doctor. So, I took off from work, took him to Sweetwater, and he definitely had an Ear Infection and some Cough & Congestion!

Tuesday...Life started to be great! Zachary was feeling better, with his ear infection, coughing, and congestion! About that afternoon, Zayne started breathing heavy...he also had the cough & congestion stuff going on too! That night Zayne didn't sleep that great, he was grunting to get his breath, every breath...he was just miserable!

Zayne's Occupational Therapist visited him at Renea's house, she has been working with him most on crawling, so I think she was very pleased to hear that he had started! This next week we will meet with a few other therapist, and get to share the news with them!

Wednesday...We had Zayne's appointment with Dr. Rogers (the growth & developmental specialist) at Lubbock, in the morning. He still wasn't himself! We saw Dr. Rogers' Nurse Practitioner, we weren't too thrilled about not seeing Dr. Rogers personally, but Dr. Wood was just as good! She was pleased with his progress...Sitting, going from crawling to sitting alone, starting to expand his vocabulary (DADA!!), and CRAWLING! His motor skills are still a little delayed, but we are working on that! We go back in September, and can't wait to see more of the progress we get to share with her then!
After that doctor's appointment we decided that he just wasn't going to get any better. So I called his doctor in Sweetwater, set up an appointment for that afternoon. We left Lubbock, came home...I dropped Toby off so he could pick up Zachary from school, and I continued on to Sweetwater to get Zayne checked out and feeling lots better! His oxygen level was fine, but his heart rate was a little fast. Most likely because he didn't eat much and was a little dehydrated! He was prescribed antibiotics, breathing treatments, and also cough & congestion medicines. HOPEFULLY, after this little sick spell we can ALL be healthier!!! :)
See I tried to tell you our week has been fast & furious!!
Tomorrow my friend Guadalupe and her daughter Ashley are coming from Pampa to visit for the weekend! I will blog about that SOON! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment